really scaref, young and confused

I had unprotected sex on june 10 of this year and im completly scared. I may have gotten hiv. I tested 3, 4,5,6 weeks and they all were negative results. I also tested 81 days and 85 days post exposure and the results were negative. Now i was ok until i notice a swollen nodle under my arm 4 days ago. (Tears) iam i really infected and my test results were wrong. I got antibody test done

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Your swollen lymph node has nothing to do with HIV. However, if it does not resolve itself in the next few days, or gets worse, go to a doctor to have it looked at.

While 90 days is considered conclusive, 85 is pretty close. I would not expect a negative result to change in those five days. You can either go in for a 90 day test or simply wait until your next regularly scheduled STD testing.

Anyone who is sexually active should be screened for all STD's including HIV at least once a year and preferably every six months.

In the future, remember that using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is the best way to protect yourself against HIV and many other STD's.

In health,

Richard

risk of hiv
risk