Female to male HIV transmission?

I would really appreciate an answer to this question. While having vaginal intercourse with a "paid professional" in a city known for that kind of trade, I experienced a break in the condom and was exposed for at least 15 seconds, but probably no more than 30 seconds. As soon as I realized this (ejaculation time), I went to the shower and washed myself well.

I have very good hygeine and I am 100% sure that I had no lesions, cuts, or injuries on my genitals prior to sex with this woman. The woman washed herself before the sex.

At first, besides promising myself never to have sex with a prostitute again, I didn't really worry much about it (since I know that this kind of exposure would be unlikely to transmit anything), but it is now about three weeks after this encounter, and two days ago I had some diarrhea and an upset stomach (no nausea, no fever, no flu symptoms); it just felt like bad food or something. No pain, except for the gurguling stomach and a sore lower back (which sometimes happens when I get diarrhea).

I took medicine on my own, one that stops loose stool. That seemed to work. My appetite never really went away. It was really just the diarrhea and gurgling stomach.

By the way, this upset stomach came along right after I was caught in a huge rainstorm, wet from head to toe, shivering cold. I'm not sure if that's related.

The upset stomach went away fast, just one day. It was fine yesterday.

Anyway I went to the doctor today and he said that my urine had a small amount of blood in it, and that I had a slight infection, in the intestine, possibly due to food or bacteria--"not serious". He said I should take an antibiotic. He also gave me something for my stomach, but it wasn't upset anymore. My diarrhea and back pain were gone within a day and a half (this morning), even before I went to the doctor today.

As you can imagine, the paranoid part of me thinks that there is a connection between my exposure to that woman's vagina and the fact that I suddenly got this "infection".

By the way, I do not know her sexual history, other than that she is in the sex business.

I am not an IV drug user and I do not have anal sex with either men or women. This is probably the only time I have ever had unprotected sex in my life, apart from a long term monogamous relationship when my partner and I were both confirmed disease free.

How worried should I be?

As I write this, I don't even feel the upset stomach/diarrhea anymore. Just worry that the two are connected.

Can half a minute inside an HIV-positive woman (if she WAS) transmit HIV to me?

Thank you for your help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Those 30 seconds were unlikely to have been enough time for transmission to have occurred. Your symptoms are not HIV related.

If you like, go in for an initial test at 28 days. That result will be a good indicator of what to expect at 90 days. Your 90 day test is considered conclusive. I am confident the results will be negative.

In health,

Richard

receiving oral
risk of hiv