Help. So many questions. Gonorrhea

I haven't had sex In 2 years. I met a guy while i was away on business in NYC and we started dating spending every spare minute together. I decided it was finally time to have intercourse as I've been anticipating meeting someone I was physically and mentally attracted too. He had a very large situation down there, and we attempted to have sex a couple times throughout my trip but he never finished... It was too painful for me to do it for long. It was always protected !! now it's been about 2 months and I felt like I was getting the very beginning stages of a bladder Infection as I've had them multiple times in the past. however i wasn't in pain. So I went to the clinic to get tested and was prescribed the yellow and black pills, after 7 days I didn't feel it fully gone. Took another urine test then got a call that I tested positive for gonorrhea. As I'm about to loose my mind the doctor said it is possible it's a negative "positive result " is this true could it happen ? We had oral sex on each other I'm reading all these articles that u can catch it from oral.... Does this mean perhaps he had " throat gonorrhea " and transmitted it to me that way ? Is it possible to have throat gonorrhea and not genital in his case ? The doctor suggested he could have given oral to a man and caught it that way ........... You can imagine my mind spinning ..... If your a man and u give oral to a woman you can still catch throat gonorrhea that way right ? Why would be suggest be have oral to another man ? Also considering I gave him oral is it possible to get gonorrhea in the genitals and throat ... If possible does the cefixime cure it all?

I did another urine test and swab test I'm waiting to be 150% positive before I loose my mind

I was prescribed cefixime 200 should I take it in the meantime to be cautious ? The doctor said something about an injection ah would it be harmful if I took the cefixime then the injection to cure it if I have it

Also last question promise am I likely to catch HIV aids from gonorrhea ?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

You should take all medication as prescribed by your doctor. The medication will get rid of the Gonorrhea, no matter where it is in your body.

You can not catch HIV from Gonorrhea. HIV is only transmitted from an infected person to an uninfected person.

Gonorrhea is a site-specific infection. You can be infected with Gonorrhea in your throat, urethra, or rectum. You can be infected in all three at once, or just one of them. A urine test will check for an infection in the urethra. You must do a rectal swab or throat swab to test in the the rectum and throat. It's possible that the test you did came back with a false-positive. Since you used a condom, transmission vaginally was unlikely, so it could very well be a false-positive result.

In regards to oral Gonorrhea, the bacteria prefers the moist dark environment at the back of the throat. This is why transmission is easier when the infection comes from penile-oral sex. When someone who is infected puts their penis into the back of your throat they are putting the bacteria into the exact spot they prefer to inhabit. This is perhaps why your doctor suggested that your partner was also having relations with other men.

I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

needle struck
should I try to get PEP treatment?