The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Digestive failure

Sep 9, 2013

Had unprotected vaginal sex a year ago. I had 3 hiv antibody test after this. I tested to 8 months after the incident all antibody only tests. Still have very severe hiv symptoms. Severe eye floaters and buriness, my digestive tract seems to be shutting down with light stools, involuntary muscle twitching, constant white coated tongue. The only thing I got diagnosed with mono over a year ago plz plz plz help me. Am I really the 26th case to not produce antibodies? I pray I didn't infect my wife due to believing the test. These antibody test in the Midwest must be really old and out of date. All my test where also done by my doctors office. What did I do wrong? My doc won't test me anymore and won't even listen when I ask him to test for p24 antigen or something. Just want it all to end.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. HIV testing done at 90 days or great is considered conclusive. In the United States, any tests that are administered by a reputable facility must be FDA approved, and can be considered reliable when done outside of the applicable testing window.

You are HIV negative from this incident. If your symptoms persist I would suggest following up with your doctor to find other possible causes. It is not HIV.

In health,


Protected vaginal, unprotected oral
Encounter with sex worker who didn't know how to use a condom

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint