symptoms after 1 week
Sep 4, 2013
about one week after having unprotected sex(about 4 times) I got a really bad sore throat that became swollen and then it turned into more flu like symptoms such as a fever and throwing up and exhausted. am i infected?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi It is quite possible that it is a symptom of a sexually transmitted infection, not just HIV. Having unprotected sex obviously puts you at risk for all of the STI's. Or you could just have developed a cold. My recommendation would be to have a full STI screening. For HIV testing the guidelines are to be tested initially 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days and as long as there are no other exposures during this time the results are considered conclusive.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- Achy Balls After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.