Need advise from you Dr.shannon

hi madam ,, i am 22 old male and my girlfriend is 20 she is suffering from hiv,, one day we decided to have sex. I used latex condom correctly, i noticed that there was no breakout of the condom during the act but while removing the condom i used the same hand which removed the condom to wipe my penies at the same time as my girlfriend is suffering from hiv does this act put me under any risk. Your feedback will be like gold for us. Please let me know the chances of being infected.. Thanks in advance..

I have copy pasted my previous question for your reference,, after this incident i,e 3 weeks later i have swollen lymup node,throat pain and dry cough,,now i am thinking that i may also infected as i has sex with my hiv+ girlfriend but i had with a condom and i am 100% sure that condom did not break.. do you think i am infected and what are my chances.. please advise madam.

Hi, The risk from this is extremely low. Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. When removing the condom you need to take precaution in how you do so and make sure that you keep both of you safe. As long as you don't have sores or cuts on your penis the likelihood of HIV transmission from this happening it is very rare. I'm positive and my husband is negative and of course we want to do all that we can to keep him HIV free. We are very careful with body fluids and how we take condoms off, washing up after sex etc..... It is also important to you yourself be tested every 6 months or so to ensure you are staying on top of your health. You also don't want to be passing other sexually transmitted infections back and forth so making sure you are both monogamous and keeping your sexual health a priority. My husband gets tested about every 6 months. Also important is your partner maintaining in care and on treatment as we know that someone with an undetectable viral load decreases the risk of HIV transmission.

SMILE FOR MRS SHANNON
symptoms after 1 week