|dr shannon please give me advice
Sep 4, 2013
hi doctor Shannon Thanks for your reply
Can i kindly know unprotected receptive anal which i know is extremely high risk.. If 6 weeks Elisa antibody test negative should i retest my test at 8 or 12 weeks to get conclusive result? I am worry the result will change at 8 or 12 weeks ? I did not exposure any sex activity so far.. Please help me ..
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Yes unprotected receptive anal sex carries the highest risk of HIV transmission and you must stick to the testing guidelines and get tested at 90 days post exposure. As long as there are no other exposures during this time your results are considered conclusive at the 90 day mark.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.