Sep 4, 2013
I am 26 year male....madam yesterday i read the answer that sharing toothbrush does not carry a risk....but what about razor mam??? Does it carry a high risk of hiv transmission???? The incident he described at barber shop has occur with many guys including me....its my kind request to clear our confusion....please.
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The risk of HIV transmission from the barber shop, beauty salon, etc is highly unlikely. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time. HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body as well.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Touching Spit Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.