RE:Dr Shanon..pls answer my question

Thanks Dr Shanon for your answer. Few things i wanted to clarify that the test i had done immediately were - HIV 1&2 antbodies screening test, Serum; VDRL (RPR) SERUM & URINE examination. Every thing were fine. As for symtoms i never had flu, the only thing was extreme tiredness and leg muscle pain especially at night. the feverish feeling was there but no temperature when checked. I am planning to do another round of testing on 14th Sep(exactly after 1 month of the incident) and again after 90 days. My question is - does my symptom indicate anything? If my 30 days result comes fine how much signicance does it carry of the ultimate outcome? Please provide your valuable suggestion. Thanks so much.

Hi Your symptoms do not indicate HIV though everyone's body responds differently to HIV and how they will react if indeed they are infected. The sensitivity of testing is getting better all the time and right now it is important to get the test at 90 days to ensure the results, but we are seeing the majority of individuals who are indeed positive are testing positive between 4-6 weeks. The next thing to keep in mind is that during this time to either stay away from possible exposures or make sure you use protection during this time period.

my husband is infected and he kissed me
confused