Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV transmission- Please answer was asking for more than a month time
Sep 3, 2013

Hi, I had white vaginal discharge and got tested in clinic, doctor performed wet mount test, I am not sure about the instruments he used, if the instruments like speculum is used on some other patients who is hiv positive, and the same used on me, could i be infected. When I removed my undergarment it fell on the floor, which i had to wear again, I am worried whether some blood would have spilled on the floor and remain wet because the tissues in the dustbin nearby had fresh blood on it. is hiv transmission occur as i used the same underwear and i had vaginal discharge. Another question is: Can HIv survive frozen. I had bleeding of pimples, and i applied turmeric on my face during face wash which leads to pain on face, so i placed icepack kept on refridgerator (freezer) if the surface of icepack would have contaminated with HIV positive blood/body fluids is there chance of HIV transmission as my pimples were broken and bleeding. I am panic thinking of these two incidents. Should I get tested for HIV? Your reply will mean a lot to me. Thanking you

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is absolutely no risk from anything that you've mentioned.

I'll be honest with you, it's hard to know where to start with the examples you're asking about. This is because they have absolutely nothing to do with HIV risk.

I would encourage you to explore the reasons why you're so focused on these examples. A mental health professional may be able to help address this.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
5th time asking. Are you not answering because you don't want to give me bad news
Next
Indirect contact with semen

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.