Do you thinkI could've gotten HIV or STDs?

Around early July, I had protected sex with prostitute. I had a condom and I inserted my penis into her vagina, but I didn't ejaculated because I didn't feel right having sex with her. It only lasted for about 4-5 minutes tops. I lied to her saying that I ejaculated, but I really didn't. I've asked her if she's infected with any type of disease and she replied that she get tested every six months. And then she said do you want to see the papers, But I said no because I believed her. She seemed very convincing because she was pointing to the spot where her papers were located. I just wanted to make sure, and please tell me more about safe sex because it was my first time. I was really desperate.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

In terms of HIV, it sounds like you didn't have any risk. Using a condom (as long as it didn't break) will keep infectious body fluids from being passed from person to person. This is a good thing, as it helps protect the health of both sex partners.

There are however, other STDs which can still be transmitted by the direct skin-to-skin contact of two genital areas rubbing against each other during sex. These include HPV and Herpes.

It's hard to know what your risk was for these STDs (because I wasn't there during your sex), this is why we encourage all sexually active people to get tested for STDs on a regular basis.

Hope this helps,

Erik

hiv/aids
Fever and cough and shoulder pain