Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Do you thinkI could've gotten HIV or STDs?
Sep 2, 2013

Around early July, I had protected sex with prostitute. I had a condom and I inserted my penis into her vagina, but I didn't ejaculated because I didn't feel right having sex with her. It only lasted for about 4-5 minutes tops. I lied to her saying that I ejaculated, but I really didn't. I've asked her if she's infected with any type of disease and she replied that she get tested every six months. And then she said do you want to see the papers, But I said no because I believed her. She seemed very convincing because she was pointing to the spot where her papers were located. I just wanted to make sure, and please tell me more about safe sex because it was my first time. I was really desperate.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

In terms of HIV, it sounds like you didn't have any risk. Using a condom (as long as it didn't break) will keep infectious body fluids from being passed from person to person. This is a good thing, as it helps protect the health of both sex partners.

There are however, other STDs which can still be transmitted by the direct skin-to-skin contact of two genital areas rubbing against each other during sex. These include HPV and Herpes.

It's hard to know what your risk was for these STDs (because I wasn't there during your sex), this is why we encourage all sexually active people to get tested for STDs on a regular basis.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Previous
hiv/aids
Next
Fever and cough and shoulder pain

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.