|Need your help please, as i am worried
Sep 1, 2013
I went to Thailand last May and had encounters with three sex workers on different occasions. We had french kissing and protective oral sex. No vaginal sex. I recently found out that i have periodontal disease.
My questions are: 1) if i have the periodontal disease, would i be at risk of getting the HIV if the 3 women are HIV positive?
2) Were my actions, specially french kissing,considering my dental condition, be classified has high risk?
2) i had HIV test a/b and a/g test after 70 days (from the last exposure), and it showed negative, is there any chance that the antibodies would show up after 70 days?
3) Would if be safe to say that i can have a peace of mind with the results of the HIV test after the 70 days?
Thank you very much and more power to you and your team.
| Response from Ms. Southall
HI The first thing to know is good choice with having protected oral sex. We do know that oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and with protection there really is no risk. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. As for testing, the guidelines are to get tested 90 days post exposure. But with your only risk being protected oral sex, having your test come back negative at 70 days is avery good sign. The majority of individuals who are positive have their tests results come back positive between 3-5 weeks.
I believe you can rest your anxiety and continue to play safe!
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Fatigue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.