Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HELP PLEASE!!! I NEED YOUR ADVICE
Sep 1, 2013

i have had a risky vaginal exposure on 16 feburary night time ,with condom ,but during the sex the condom was broke and i didnot realize it ,when i pulled out my penis i change it with new one, i didnt ejaculate inside the vagina

i became sick right after 4 days on 20feb with sudden extreme fatigue ,(specially legs aches) and huge loss of appetite,, stomache aches at liver sides,zero energy, loss of sex drive during first 4 months i lost 10 kg of of weight (above symptoms continues)

After 5.5 MONTHS post exposure i did blood test for HIV ANTOBDIES ANTI HIV (screening tesT) [well i dont know why they written screening test in BRACKETS] THE RESULT CAME BACK NEGATIVE AFTER 5.5 MONTHS POST EXPOSURE (no doubt it was a big relief from anxiety but unfortunatly my symptoms still present)

please guide me ,, how conclusive my 5.5 months HIV antibody (screening test) because i am still having main symptoms

lack of appetite restless legs/tiredness rigid neck muscles low libido (my doc found my prolectin levels is high)

please help me i am very worried because i am going to marry soon , and i don't want to this to my love (if i have this)

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Yes having the condom break does increase your risk of HIV transmission, but the good news is that the testing guidelines state that you should receive a test 90 days post exposure. You did and those results show that you are HIV free. You must remember though there are other sexually transmitted infections that can be passed with and without condoms. If your symptoms continue I would recommend following up with your health care provider for a full STI screening and evaluate your symptoms to see what else could be going on. But from what you have told me you are HIV free.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Herpes - POZ male...could I get HIV too? Sick to my stomach
Next
freaking out

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.