Herpes - POZ male...could I get HIV too? Sick to my stomach

3 weeks after receiving a BJ from a POZ guy, I got a genital herpes outbreak (small - just 3 blisters, gone in 4 days). I have previously had genital herpes in the same area, so I don't know for sure I contracted it from him, or whether it was just a random outbreak.

During the incident, he deep throated me. I had no cuts or abrasions on the penis, but there's no question the tip would have rubbed against the inside of his mouth.

If he was the source of the herpes infection, am I at high risk for having contracted HIV too?

I have been sick to my stomach thinking about it, can't eat, lost 3 pounds :( I spoke to a local doctor who said he has seen exceptional cases of patients who got it from oral. It's scary. Please give me your opinion.

Hi The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. You are correct that having another active infection does increase your risk of infection but even with that your risk of HIV transmission through oral sex with another active infection only slightly increases the risk. Of course, you know, the only way to truly know your status is to get tested but again oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission.

HIV infection risk from tainted medical ointment?
HELP PLEASE!!! I NEED YOUR ADVICE