HIV transmitted via nasal mucous?
Sep 1, 2013
Hi, if someone has HIV, can they pass it to someone else by wiping a runny nose and then touching other things?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi No! No risk of HIV transmission through wiping a runny nose or touching/using anything after someone with HIV has. HIV transmission occurs when there is a prolong and direct exchange of body fluid, blood, semen, vaginal fluid or mothers breast milk/mother to child. This through unprotected sex or sharing of needles.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.