HIV transmitted via nasal mucous?
Sep 1, 2013
Hi, if someone has HIV, can they pass it to someone else by wiping a runny nose and then touching other things?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi No! No risk of HIV transmission through wiping a runny nose or touching/using anything after someone with HIV has. HIV transmission occurs when there is a prolong and direct exchange of body fluid, blood, semen, vaginal fluid or mothers breast milk/mother to child. This through unprotected sex or sharing of needles.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- What Is The Deadliest Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.