HIV & Porous materials: Please help!!

Is it true that HIV can survive in porous material? If so, how long and will it be able to infect someone else?

I inserted my girlfriend's toommate's rubber(or silicone) dildo in her vagina about a month ago. We don't know her HIV status. One thing for sure, the dildo was kept in a cupboard and hasn't been used for at least 5-6 months. I also cleaned it with water and hand soap before I used it on her.

Just two days ago, almost exact 4 weeks after the event, my girlfriend had a mild fever, body aches and chills that last just over a night. She puked once in the middle of that night and had diarreah and stomach ache the next day and lasted about a day and a half. I'm not sure if these are symptoms of ARS or good poisoning. By the time I'm typing these, all of those symptoms are already gone.

I'm not too worried about HIV on the surface of dildo because I know those wouldn't last long outside of the body, but I'm extremely worry about the possibility of HIV virus or body fluid that is trapped in the porous material and infected my girlfriend when I inserted it in her.

Please help and thank you.

Hi Good news, HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect. There is no risk of HIV transmission using the dildo months after the last use. Most likely what your girlfriend is experiencing is a cold or the flu it would not be HIV and not from that experience.

ARS and risk analysis
tingling in legs tensed of HIV risk