Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Chlamydia questions. I've asked many times with no response. please help.
Aug 31, 2013

Hi. My ex boyfriend was diagnosed with chlamydia. He fingered me and ate me out for 20 seconds to a minute. im scared I could have gotten the infection fron him touching himself and touching me right after, or eating me out, but i cant find any info on line. im sure it on this site, but I have a lot of trouble navigating this site. my symptoms are dizziness (on and off for at least 6 months). the dissinesss happens sometimes during exercise, sometimes for no reason at all and I have to sit down and get very tired. i also have lower pelvic pain on the left side. Sometimes quick and sharp, sometimes a bit of "throbbing" is how I would explain it. and lower back pain and pressure. i dont think i have weird discharge. and i have had lower back pressure. I have definitely had a uti at least 2 or 3 since the encounter 1 and a 1/2 years ago. he just now tested. i was only aware of the risk of herpes so I never felt the need. I researched a lot before hand, but chlamydia transmission this way never came up. i'm ver dissapointed in my lack of knowlegde. i also had a bit of itching and burning but it was not while peeing, and that could have been somatic because I ham a hypochondriac obviously. the other symptoms were very real and the pelvic pain sometimes a shock. Thank you in advance. you have answered on question of mine before, so i decided to ask you again instead of another doctor. its been so long that i am scared it is pid.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi The only way to truly know your status is to receive testing. Having unprotected sex with someone who has an active infection increases your risk for not only the infection they have but any that they don't know they have. I would recommend getting a full sexually transmitted infection screening by a health care provider. Your symptoms don't seem like a STI but again they only way to truly know your status on anything is to receive testing.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Dr. Shannon dr. wohl help fast....
Next
general sanitary stand point

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.