Performed Oral Sex - Swollen Lymph Glands after 1 week

Hello, I will try to keep this as organized as possible and free of my freaking out.

9 days ago - (extremely intoxicated, and extremely stupid of me..) I gave unprotected oral sex to a male whose HIV and STD status I am not aware of. However, he definitely has had multiple casual sexual encounters. I swallowed his cum. My friend who was with me at the time also gave unprotected oral sex to the same male but did not have exposure to semen. She has not experienced any symptoms at all.

7 days ago - I found a cut in the left side of the back of my throat and little red marks on my uvula. It seemed to have been there for a few days.

6 days ago - the cuts disappeared.

2 days ago - a lymph node in my left armpit is extremely swollen and painful about 1.5 cm in diameter

1 day ago - a lymph node in my right armpit is tender and slightly swollen and very painful, peasized

today - I looked on the inside of my mouth and found that my left tonsil is very swollen. A lymph node under my left jaw is also very slightly swollen but tender to the touch.

Note: In the past week I have had a small cut on a finger on left hand. Trivially small. I have also experienced NO other symptoms. No nightsweats, no fever, no fatigue, no joint pain, no sore throat. Only a small cough.

COULD any of this have been caused by exposure to HIV, even though it has been just over a week past exposure? Or possibly an oral STD? If so, what should I get tested for, and when? Thank you very much in advanced.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Nothing you've described sounds HIV related. Oral sex is a low-risk activity. Certain STD's can be transmitted via oral sex. Your symptoms do not sound STD related, but if they continue then I would suggest a visit to your doctor to determine possible causes.

I do not think testing is warranted in this situation, but if your symptoms continue your doctor may want to do a throat swab for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea just to be safe.

In health,

Richard

Can such act lead to transmission of hiv?
Sympotms week 4 post exp