Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Performed Oral Sex - Swollen Lymph Glands after 1 week
Aug 29, 2013

Hello, I will try to keep this as organized as possible and free of my freaking out.

9 days ago - (extremely intoxicated, and extremely stupid of me..) I gave unprotected oral sex to a male whose HIV and STD status I am not aware of. However, he definitely has had multiple casual sexual encounters. I swallowed his cum. My friend who was with me at the time also gave unprotected oral sex to the same male but did not have exposure to semen. She has not experienced any symptoms at all.

7 days ago - I found a cut in the left side of the back of my throat and little red marks on my uvula. It seemed to have been there for a few days.

6 days ago - the cuts disappeared.

2 days ago - a lymph node in my left armpit is extremely swollen and painful about 1.5 cm in diameter

1 day ago - a lymph node in my right armpit is tender and slightly swollen and very painful, peasized

today - I looked on the inside of my mouth and found that my left tonsil is very swollen. A lymph node under my left jaw is also very slightly swollen but tender to the touch.

Note: In the past week I have had a small cut on a finger on left hand. Trivially small. I have also experienced NO other symptoms. No nightsweats, no fever, no fatigue, no joint pain, no sore throat. Only a small cough.

COULD any of this have been caused by exposure to HIV, even though it has been just over a week past exposure? Or possibly an oral STD? If so, what should I get tested for, and when? Thank you very much in advanced.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Nothing you've described sounds HIV related. Oral sex is a low-risk activity. Certain STD's can be transmitted via oral sex. Your symptoms do not sound STD related, but if they continue then I would suggest a visit to your doctor to determine possible causes.

I do not think testing is warranted in this situation, but if your symptoms continue your doctor may want to do a throat swab for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea just to be safe.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Can such act lead to transmission of hiv?
Next
Sympotms week 4 post exp

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.