Aug 29, 2013
How fast does genital herpes appear? Last night I met and escort and had full protected intercourse. However this morning I have a red lump on the area above my penis. Would herpes appear within a matter of 12 hours?
Response from Mr. Cordova
12 hours is a pretty quick turn-around time. It's unlikely that an outbreak would appear so quickly. In fact, some people are infected but never even have an outbreak. Also, the primary outbreak of Herpes is typically the worst. It would usually be more than one lump, and it would be painful. You didn't mention it being painful. That, along with the short window period indicates that it is unlikely Herpes.
If the lump doesn't go away in a day or two, you could have it checked out by a doctor. Again, it does not sound STD related.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.