Herpes

How fast does genital herpes appear? Last night I met and escort and had full protected intercourse. However this morning I have a red lump on the area above my penis. Would herpes appear within a matter of 12 hours?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

12 hours is a pretty quick turn-around time. It's unlikely that an outbreak would appear so quickly. In fact, some people are infected but never even have an outbreak. Also, the primary outbreak of Herpes is typically the worst. It would usually be more than one lump, and it would be painful. You didn't mention it being painful. That, along with the short window period indicates that it is unlikely Herpes.

If the lump doesn't go away in a day or two, you could have it checked out by a doctor. Again, it does not sound STD related.

In health,

Richard

Help!! Worried hiv
please help me,thank you!