HIV Scare

You might receive many queries from people like me and would like to thank you in advance to you and this forum.

I think I was exposed to HIV about 11 weeks back. I went to a striptease club in Oxford and had a lap dance for 15-20 mins. During the lap dance she was completely naked and I was wearing shirt, jeans, underwear and belt. At the end of the dance, I did put my hand inside the pants to adjust my penis. I didn't take penis out, just adjusted it inside the underwear. However at the end of the lapdance may be 3 - 5 mins. I had a different kind of sensation to my penis head (Skin being moved and something touching), but because I was excited I didn't look down. After the lap dance was over I got up and went outside the club that's when everything started hitting me hard. I started to think the sensation which I had on my penis head could be because, my penis came out of the underwear and then out of jeans pant (which was loose at waist) and might have touched vagina of the stripper. I think she was excited too, so I think she might have had vaginal fluids. What if her vaginal fluids had touched my penis head and its foreskin. What if the girl had HIV, can get HIV from her from this exposure. I went to club again met the girl and asked her about HIV, but her English was poor and she said "I am a good girl". I also asked her if my penis came out to which she said "She does not remember".

I got terrified and then went straight to the lab and got tested with Elisa at 5 weeks the test came out negative. However by then I had gone into depression and the doctor gave me anti depressant and counselling. The councillor said I have hypochondriasis or HIV phobia. I didn't listen to doctor or to councillor and went for HIV test exactly on 10th Week (68 days). This test all came back negative.

The councillor told me to stop testing and told me to overcome my phobiea. I also though I had some swollen nodes in neck and I went to another doctor and he said "No lymph nodes were found to be swollen."

After all the above I am a bit scared and really dont want to do 12 week test. Can I consider my 10 week Elisa to be conclusive. Have you ever seen 10 week negative Elisa turn positive at 12 week. Does my exposure count to be HIV exposure.

Regards Jack

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi Jack,

90 days or greater is considered conclusive. Your 10 week test is not conclusive. However, I do not think you were at risk in this situation. You're basing this all on the likelihood that your erect penis somehow made its way out of your underwear and jeans, and then the virus was transmitted to you via her vaginal fluids.

This situation you're describing is not a likely one. I think your penis was inside of your pants, and you were not at risk. Even if your penis had been out of your pants, the risk would be non-existent. Unprotected penetrative sex would have needed to occur for there to be any real risk.

In health,

Richard

Really need your advice, weird insertive oral sex encounter
Baby's Infection Risks (Urgent)