HIV from pedicure?
Aug 28, 2013
Hello i was just wondering whether it was possible to contract HIV or some other sort of disease from a pedicure? I had one and when using one of the tools my nail started bleeding and they wiped the blood and they carried on. I am super worried that the tool could have been dirty from the person before or something if it wasn't sterilised. Could i have got something in this situation?
Response from Mr. Glenn
There is no risk from what you're talking about. Even if there were blood on the tool from a person with HIV positive person before you, way too much time passed between them and you. Therefore, no risk of infection.
Hope this helps,
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- Are Cough Fever Runny Nose Sore Neck Hiv Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.