risk of HIV / HEPATITIS FROM SPITTING IN MOUTH

I was at a HIV clinic today getting a check up ( i am all fine!) well WAS. however in the waiting room something horrible happened. A man in front of me turned around and coughed/cleared his throat in my face A glob of his spit landed STRAIGHT in my mouth. I know this sounds unbelievable but it happened. And i froze in shock and didn't spit out - i felt as though i didn't have the chance to it all happened so quickly. I am so upset and worried about this. The man was in a clinic for HIV and Hepatitis and I know they do special walk ins for "gay prostates/sex workers and prostitutes who drug use as they have sex". This mans spit landed IN MY MOUTH. please advise me as to what I should do. Should I get myself to the hospital. It happened five hours ago.

Also important to mention I have active gum disease (gingivitis) and severe geographical tongue.

Please tell me is it possible that I have contracted Hepatitis or HIV or something else due to a potentially HIV+/HEPATITIS man spitting directly in my mouth. I had bleeding gums a couple hours before I went as I washed my teeth. Only slightly nothing excessive. Please advise me I am beside myself. I just do not know who to go to for answers.

I went to the health clinic in good faith today and left feeling absolutely rotten.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is no risk from this. Saliva does not transmit Hepatitis. The man would've needed to have spit a big glob of blood into your mouth for us even to be curious about risk (even that probably wouldn't have been an issue though).

Sounds like a case of your mind running away with you.

Hope this helps!

Erik

worried 6 month old son hep transmission or other diseases
HIV from blood on barbell?