Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv transmission
Aug 27, 2013

On July 29th, couple of guys including me got together and performed mutual masturbation. I did not touch them as i had 1 day old cuts in my finger from cutting fruits. The cuts were pink but not bleeding. I am uncircumcised. After cuming, the guys wore clothes and were leaving the hotel room. I happened to touch the handle of the door and water tap witin few seconds of the other guy touching it. I also used the towel to clean my precum. Not sure if the towel that the guy who hosted this had anything on it. I am worried about the hiv transmission because of using towel and more so touching door snd tap with fingers that had open cut. I wentto my primary care for rna quant test on day 15 i.e. august 13th and it was negative. On august 22nd i have swollen lymph nodes inside my throat although i do not have any cold that can cause it. I am very worried thinking that i have got hiv from this occurence. I had also mutual masturbation with another guy on july 10th but again rna test on august 13th was neg. I am very terrified as i lovely wife and 2 yrs old child. I have not had unprotected sex with her since these incidents thinking i might be infected.

Finally, on august 22nd i kissed another bisexual guy. The kiss was not deep as i did not put my tounge in his mouth and neither did he. Our tounges might have touched and saluva could have been exchanged may be. I am gum disease ..gingitivis. I am worried if this incident transmitted any hiv assuming other person was positive and had gum disease with ooen sores etc. hiv is the max with bisexual men and i am really worried. I did tell my wife only about this incident and are relationship has got worst. I do not want to put my kid and wife in any danger, i mean giving hiv. Do i need to get another rna test at day 15? Do you think i have zero risk of hiv based on these occurence. Sir, please reply asap as i cannot stop thinking about this every minute. Please be honest and thanks for reading my email.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

It sounds like you were in a situation with no risk. It also sounds like you're suffering emotionally and stress-wise.

Old cuts and shallow kissing hold no risk for HIV. Neither does masturbation. If you've heard this before but are having trouble coming to terms with and believing your lack of risk, then it's time to really seek out a professional (face to face) who can help you manage these emotions.

There's nothing wrong with acting on sexual attraction to other men. It sounds like in your case though that doing it in secret without the knowledge of your wife/family is causing you stress. This sounds like the real situation to focus on.

Hope this helps!

Erik

P.S. HIV is not more prevalent among Bisexual guys!

Previous
hiv from recieving oral sex, with deep throat
Next
Blood Contact

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.