Worth testing?

I realize you get asked similar questions by hypochondriac, neurotic, people who are terrified by the thought of HIV like me. At this point I'm positive I have HIV and am wondering of I should start on anti retro vitals immediately. I am 18 and had unprotected sex with a friend who claims to be clean (donated plasma 7 weeks ago without any flags). She's never experienced anything that would lead her to believe she has HIV, however she could have been infected 3-4 weeks ago by her ex and be having a more delayed response. Currently I have Candasis on my tongue, I've had a cough with some mucus for the past five days( I've never gotten sick in the summer or have had a cough for more than 3 days). As of yesterday I began to notice constipation and darkened stool, this combined with a loss of appetite and constant burping/flatulence leads me to believe I have developed a stomach ulcer...Although I have not experienced the rash or fever I have experience muscle/join stiffness and periods of fatigue( I believe a lot of this is anxiety but an ulcer is to severe of a manifestation). I'm sure I will develope the fever and rash sometime in the next week. I have consulted my dad, a radiologist, who optimistically reassures me that statistically it's nearly impossible for me to have contracted HIV from a Caucasian teen female in Grand Rapids michigan. Despite no alternative explanation for my symptoms. How can I have a yeast infection, cold, and H. Pylori at once with little to no immune response. If there is anything else that could cause these symptoms and their timing please let me know! Seeing its been almost three weeks, is the virus still vaulnerable enough to eradicate? Should I wait for a definite answer or start on anti retros immediately? Thanks for considering another paranoid patient

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Unprotected penetrative sex is a higher risk incident. However, this was a one-time occurrence and you were the insertive partner. Statistically transmission is highly unlikely.

I'm not sure what could be causing your symptoms, but I can assure you that it is not HIV related. I would suggest working with your doctor to determine what could be causing them.

An HIV test at 28 days will give you a good idea of your true status, and a 90 day test will provide you with a conclusive result. I am confident your result will be negative.

In the future, remember that using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is the best way to protect yourself against HIV and many other STD's.

In health,

Richard

what was my risk
worried about my risk