|Condom: holes & oils
Aug 21, 2013
I'm a male. I had a sexual encounter with a sex worker yesterday. It's my first vaginal penetrative sex with unknown partner and right now I'm worried to the point of breaking down. I have a wife. I'm worried sick. Please Dr, help me with this. I read some of answers in this website, but it's conflicting and inconclusive.
I'll try to make it short. Here goes: 1) When putting on the extra safe durex condom, she uses her long fingernails just for a brief moment. When I notice it, I decided to put it on myself, with the same condom. The she gave me a brief bj. i dont think her teeth touch the condom. My concern is whether she punctured the condom with her fingernails or teeth. We had vaginal sex for about 5-10 mins until I ejaculate (on and off, not nonstop). I didn't notice any visible breakage. What is my risk of getting HIV?
2) this is my biggest concern. Before putting on the condom and before having sex. She massaged me with oils. there's oil all over my body and her body as well. and before the vaginal sex, she hold my penis (with the condom on) with her oily hands. I've read some of the answers in this site that oils will break down/denature latex condom, making it less effective in preventing infection. But, after I ejaculated, the condom is still intact. My semen was still in the condom and i didnt notice any leakage. Can you explain/define how condom degrade that make it ineffective because of oil? Does it created pores that makes hiv viruses pass thru? Or ineffective as in it causes it to break? What is my risk? during the sex, there was minimal vaginal fluid if not none.
Please Dr. I'm begging you for your opinion and advise. I have a wife. I'm worried sick to the point of breaking down to depression. I don't know what to do. I promise myself not to visit such places again. Please Dr. I have no place to turn to. I'm desperate.
I'm planning to make some contribution in the future when i have extra money.
| Response from Mr. Cordova
Thanks for writing in. Condoms are engineered to tear or bust when the integrity of the condom has been comprised i.e. when it tears or rips in any way. The condom remained intact through the entire act of penetrative sex, and therefore it protected you against HIV.
Oil can weaken latex increasing the likelihood of the condom breaking. It's only if the condom were to break that the risk would increase. The massage oil may have weakened the condom, but since it didn't break, you were protected against HIV.
I am confident that your results will be negative across the board.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hole In Condom Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Person Get Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.