2 time posting plssss advise

Dear Doc,

My name is Faisal working as a Division Asst at Saudi Arabia. I received a unprotected oral sex with a unknw status women at April 19th 2013.while this process was happing I had a genital warts at my pensis. I got tested for HIV 1 & 2 , VDRL,TPHA, all came negative after 60 days of exposure. But recently I got throat pain that means after 122 days. Is this the symptoms of HIV. Should I have to test again for HIV etc.. please advise..

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Your throat pain has nothing to do with HIV or any other STD in this case. This was not a high-risk incident. Testing was unnecessary. If you need to test for your peace of mind then you can go in for a final test at 90 days. I am confident that the result will be negative. For TheBody's collective stance on oral sex and the risk of HIV transmission please see below.

In health,

Richard

RISK OF HIV TRANSMISSION FROM ORAL SEX: The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

Swollen lymph node
ELISA 4th Generation Test at 28 days