first and last one..

dear dr wohl. please help me to know my risk.. ( I would make it short) 1. I never knew oral sex carries risk of hiv as I am not frm usa. 2. I received unprotected oral sex from a gay boy 3. I am spoiling my mind life because of this please help me. he was professional. 4. this was my only encounter.. god bless u

Your question is often asked on this forum. Therefore, we have drafted the following standard reply:

Can I get HIV from oral sex?

The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

Therefore, I believe you are at no risk of HIV infection from this one act. DW

How do you ever know for sure?
HIV negative at 8 weeks after "dipping"