How do you ever know for sure?

How can you be completely sure your not a person that takes a year to turn hiv positive? I have a negative antibody test close to somewhere around 300 days after unprotected vaginal sex with an hiv positive girl. The risk doesn't get more real than that, and neither do my symptoms. Been suffering for over a year now. How can I be sure I'm safe for my girlfriend whom I'm scared I infected.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. We can be completely sure thanks to the wonders of science. Years of research have shown that the human body will produce enough antibodies that can be detected by an antibody test by 90 days. In fact, most people produce enough antibodies by 28 days.

You are correct, your risk was very real. However, transmission does not occur during each incident. If it did, the transmission rate would be 100% for unprotected penetrative sex, which it's not.

In health,

Richard

Hiv and herpes
first and last one..