I opened my mail and got a paper cut,can you catch HIV
Aug 21, 2013
from opening you're mail and you get a paper cut? I mean I am only worried because I know some of the envelopes get licked. And the sticky stuff on the envelope was kind of still sticky. I will be using a knife or something next time to open my mail.
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there No, you can not get HIV from touching or licking an inanimate object. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid from prolonged period of time. For more information about how HIV is or is not transmitted see:
Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Infection Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.