Worried about needle stick...

I will try and make this short. I have worried about contacting HIV/Hep for a while. when ever I stop worrying about one thing, I start worrying about another....I know I have a problem with this. My latest worry is this...I was visiting a friend in a hospital who is dying, and there was a lot of people in the room. So my friend said that I could sit on the end/side of her bed where her feet were, so I did. Later on I felt soreness on my buttocks. ( bare in mind, I seem to have a problem which seems like acne on the buttocks). It can be sore, but one particular spot started hurting after. My concern was , do you think it could be possible that it was a needle that actually picked me, that the nurse may have forgot a needle on the bed. The reason I know that this may happens, is because when I had my baby, the nurse would come in the night to do glucose checkes on my baby cause I had gestational diabetes, and she forgot the baby lancet in my bed after she picked her. What are my chances that it could have been a needle? My husband said that it is just the pimples, but I am scared.

Thanks for your response.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

hello there I think that your husband is right and it is likley your acne the concerns you have already realized. While accidents can happen, this is highly unlikely. You should have also seen a puncture mark and if you sat on a needle such that it pierced your pants and underwear you would surely have known this at the time. It would not be subtle. If your anxieties persist, talking to a mental health provider could be helpful Take care, LHW

Posting 2nd time. Please answer. Is this Acute Retroviral Syndrome ?
Massage HIV Transmission