Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please answer! Urgent!!!! 2nd time posting
Aug 20, 2013

A month ago I received unprotected oral sex for about 1 minute. I did not insert in any way but had a finger put in my anus for 2 seconds and then stopped it. He was stroking before he did that and had lube on his hand. I later started to feel tired and ill that night. I later found out that the person was HIV + and I freaked out and went to the local hospital and the doctor told me no symptoms would show this early and that I had pretty much no risk from what I described. I felt considerable fatigue for the next 4 days then felt normal. 2 days later I felt pain in my shoulders and what felt to be swollen lymph nodes in the back of my armpit connecting to the should and arm (away from the chest wall). I went to the doctor and he said that the fullness and lump did not appear to be a lymph node and it was probably from neck tightness and a gym overexertion. I also had a slight sore throat with some redness in front of tonsils along with canker sores and white furry tongue. Please note that this was 3 days after a cold turkey chewing tobacco quit which could explain some of the physical symptoms. These symptoms continued for about 2 weeks after that. My shoulders seemed fine for a bit and a few days ago my armpits have more lumps and what appear to be shotty lymph nodes accompanied with rear delt tenderness and pain. I still get periods of fatigue as well. Please tell me if this is ARS and if I am being irrational. I plan to get tested at the 6 week mark.

I was test for everything (hep A, B, C, HIV, CBC, B12) at the 2 week mark and was told everything was negative and normal.

Please help! I am really worried...

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi, The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. A hand job carries no risk and last but not least the symptom would not occur this soon. I believe you just got a cold or the flu and the symptoms were starting for that. If these symptoms continue I would advise you to follow up with your health care provider for evaluation but it is not HIV from this experience.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Ridden with anxiety please help me Miss Shannon
Next
Is donation is the only way.to get answers of our questions ..Please help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.