Ridden with anxiety please help me Miss Shannon

Hi, Thanks for reading my question. I am currently pregnant and while carrying my older child he banged his head in my ear making my earring hit my ear and making it bleed a little. I am so nervous and anxious that since we were in a crowded place maybe it wasnt my earring. What if someone poked me with some hiv filled syringe/needle. I know i may be imagining but what if that is actually the case. I have major paranoia. Please guide me, since i am pregnant and need to get tested if necessary. What are my chances? Thanks so much. R

Hi There is no risk of HIV transmission in what your child experienced. I believe you are just being a very aware mom! HIV transmission occurs when there is a direct exchange of body fluid and this most commonly happens through unprotected sex, sharing needles and mother to child through breast milk. This due to there needs to be a significant amount of blood present and the contact must be prolong. Also HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and becomes unable to infect.

Your son is fine and you should relax and enjoy your pregnancy!

Be well, Shannon

HIV TRANSMISSION
Please answer! Urgent!!!! 2nd time posting