HIV symptoms

Hello. I've been reading some articles lately about people who are HIV+ but never produce antibodies to the virus. These people go undetected for years on ELISA tests even though they are HIV negative? Is this possible?

The reason I'm asking is because my fiance and I recently began having sex. Both of us took an OraQuick HIV test at a local clinic, both of us tested negative. I haven't been with anyone in a year, so I know I am well outside the 6 month period. My fiance was a virgin, so I feel comfortable about her status too.

3 weeks after she and I began having sex, she developed swollen lymph nodes in her neck, a sore throat, white patches on her tonsils, and she was very fatigued. A CBC showed her lymphocytes were low, and she has to go back for more blood work in a few weeks.

Is it possible that I could have contracted HIV in the past and never produced antibodies to the virus?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Sincerely,

Joe

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi Joe,

Thanks for writing in. The human body WILL produce antibodies as a response to being infected with the virus. Your HIV test is accurate. You are not HIV positive.

In health,

Richard

saliva with blood
Hiv risk of....