Question about my symptoms

Hello Doctor! I hope you would help me with my case. I am 31 yr old male. On end of May this year, I had unprotected oral sex (I was receptive) with a female sex worker for less than 5 mins and then protective vaginal sex (in fact I used two condoms to be safe) for 10-15 mins. We also kissed for a while. I also had very small recent cuts in my penis. After couple of weeks, I was feeling lot of sweating (it was almost like taking bath and sweating a lot especially around forehead) whenever I did any outdoor activities (like playing any outdoor sports and taking a brisk walk). I usually usr to sweat a lot in humid climate so I was thinking it was becoz of hot humid weather of US east coast in the months of June/july. I did not have any night sweats. I was also feeling little bit tired when I used to sit at couch after returning from work (it could be bcoz of lack of sleep from earlier night). Then during the first week of Aug, I noticed, I am getting few warts beneath my tongue. My tongue was also little covered with white. This makes me worry a lot. I never had warts before but have seen little whites on my tongue. I did not have any sore throat or fever or diarreah or swollen lymph nodes until that time. But my anxiety was running high and immediately the following day at Aug-14, I got slight fever, sore throat, small swollen lymph node in left of my neck and another swollen in right arm pit. I used to have swollen nodes in my arm pits in past but never in my neck. My mild faver disappeard after 2 days and the sore throat receded to almost to nil after 4 days. My swollen lymph nodes are also gone after 4 days. But I am really worried what would be the reasons for all this. I found that common symptoms of HIV are high leaver, severe sore throat and rash. And all of them may come around within 2-4 weeks and will last for a week or more. But in my case, I experienced fever (it was medium for a day and I went to work without any day off) and medium sore throat (for 4 days). Could you please please provide me some help with my current situation? What are the chances I will be infected bcoz of unprotected oral sex? I am highly worried I could be infected with hiv. Please help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

Your symptoms are not related to HIV. The timing of them does not correspond to the timeline we would expect to see in someone who was presenting with ARS.

Transmission of HIV was unlikely in this low-risk, if not no-risk situation.

In health,

Richard

Pleare help...this is my 4th post
what's my risk?