HIV and Needles

I did a minor surgery yeaterda, but i didn't see went the needle was pulled from the plastic for the anesthesia, if the needle was infected, would I be at risk for HIV? What if the doctor is infected and the needle stuck him while loading the syringe, should I be worried? How long does HIV lives out of the body? PLEASE HELP ME. I'M WORRIED SICK.

HI You have no need to worry! The risk of HIV transmission in this manner is extremely low to no risk. HIV begins to die once it leaves the body and becomes unable to infect.

There are precautions in place to protect both you and the health care providers. If the doctor did stick himself/herself with a needle they would take care of that before doing anything to you.

Of course, if you need peace of mind getting tested is the best way to know your status. Testing guidelines are to be tested 90 days after possible exposure and the results are conclusive.

dr shannon I need advice please
What percentage are "immune" to HIV infection?