Pls help Dr Shannon...this is my 3rd post....

I had three encounters with sex workers on three different occasions in Thailand We did French kissing and protected oral sex, no vaginal sex I was diagnosed with periodontal disease. 1)Would you consider my encounters a HIGH RISK since i have periodontal disease and I had THREE DIFFERENT women? 2)I had an HIV test a/b and a/g on the 71st day of the last exposure, and it was negative Would that be conclusive?

3)You mentioned that HIV infection on French kissing is possible, yes..probable no would you be able to explain this further please? Thank you for your time in reading this.

Hi Your risk is incredibly low. We know that oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and decreases even more with protected oral sex. Deep kissing only poses a risk of HIV transmission if both individuals have extremely poor dental health, bleeding gums, herpes outbreaks, cold sores etc. Both would have to have it going on at the same time but even with that the risk is extremely low.

Testing, the guidelines are to be tested at 90 days and as long as there are no other exposures during this time then the results are conclusive. Having a negative test at 71 days in highly encouraging and again your overall risk was incredibly low!

Low CD4 and no symptoms
New Regimen (concerns).