Hepatitis C and HIV coninfection
Aug 18, 2013
Dear Doc Good Day, Does Hpetatis C and HIV co infection change the window period for hiv testing.Or the standard 90 days window period is still valid. 1)Testing with determine hiv 1 and 2 negative how assured should I be that I have not contacted HIV.
Response from Dr. Wohl
HCV co-infection should not change the time frame for production of or detection of HIV antibodies.
HIV tests are now very accurate and sensitive. They are conclusive and should be trusted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Is Herpes Rash Located?
- When Will A Woman Find Out She Has Gonorrhea?
- What Does Being A Carrier Of Herpes Mean?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Things That Get Mistaken For Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.