|Hepatitis C and HIV coninfection
Aug 18, 2013
Dear Doc Good Day, Does Hpetatis C and HIV co infection change the window period for hiv testing.Or the standard 90 days window period is still valid. 1)Testing with determine hiv 1 and 2 negative how assured should I be that I have not contacted HIV.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
HCV co-infection should not change the time frame for production of or detection of HIV antibodies.
HIV tests are now very accurate and sensitive. They are conclusive and should be trusted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Thrush Of The Tongue Contagious?
- Chances Of Hiv Transmission Saliva To Cut Skin
- Does Your Body Produce Natural Antibodies Against Hepatitis B?
- If You Have Sex With A Hiv Postive Person How Long Does It Take To Catch It?
- Can A Painful Lump In Armpit Be A Sign Of Hiv?
- Does A Cbc Helps Doctors To Know If Someone Is Hiv Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.