Aug 18, 2013
if were to a spermicde only...no condom...for man to man oral sex,would this help with protection from HIV ?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- No, this would not be an optimal choice to prevent infection. Spermicides are used to kill sperm and prevent pregnancy, not HIV. In fact, the most commonly used spermicide in the U.S. is called nonoxynol-9. If it is used many times a day, or if it is used by people at risk for HIV, it may irritate tissue and increase the risk of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections. I would suggest condoms as a more optimal choice. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.