Aug 18, 2013
if were to a spermicde only...no condom...for man to man oral sex,would this help with protection from HIV ?
| Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- No, this would not be an optimal choice to prevent infection. Spermicides are used to kill sperm and prevent pregnancy, not HIV. In fact, the most commonly used spermicide in the U.S. is called nonoxynol-9. If it is used many times a day, or if it is used by people at risk for HIV, it may irritate tissue and increase the risk of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections. I would suggest condoms as a more optimal choice. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute And HIV Transmission Risk
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.