Precum and gums

So we were in a sauna and I licked this guy's penis. I tasted pre-cum when I licked the body of the penis. I didn't licked the tip.

I felt like there was an open wound in my gums at that time. Could I have contracted HIV in that way?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Oral sex is considered low risk for HIV, but this doesn't sound exactly like oral sex.. Let me explain:

To get HIV, there needs to a body fluid (e.g. blood, semen/pre-cum, breast milk, vaginal fluid) carrying HIV that comes out of someone's body and goes immediately/directly inside of someone else's body. All this needs to happen.

But you need to keep in mind that the mouth is not a good way to get or give HIV. Then you're talking about a very low amount of pre-cum.

I'm curious what you think were open wounds in your mouth. These would need to be serious and significant, not just an irritated area. But even if it were a significant wound, there was hardly any fluid to infect.

So when we look at all that together the risk seems incredibly unlikely.

Hope this helps!

Erik

hiv
whats my risk