Condom slip

Hi- I recently had sex with an escort. After a night of drinking my buddies took me to this woman's house for the session. It was my first time using an escort. I immediately put on a condom and we proceeded. Maybe 5 min into it we switched positions and I noticed that the condom came off. I'm not sure at what point it came off. I immediately put another one back on and we finished. How much are my chances of getting HIV or other stds from this and how soon should I get tested.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

In this situation, transmission of HIV was unlikely. You started with a condom, were the insertive partner, and this was a one-time occurrence. All of those details indicate that transmission would be unlikely. Transmission of other STD's would be possible.

Unless you are experiencing symptoms, I do not think you need to test for this incident in particular. This is with the understanding and expectation that you are tested for all STD's, including HIV at least once a year, and preferable every six months. If that is not the case, then I would suggest a full round of STD testing 90 days from the incident, and then mark your calendar for routine testing six months from that date.

In health,

Richard

Scratched at gym by equipment
oral and vaginal