please reply.I am stressed after having sex with prostitute

hi, I am 25 years old .I had sex with female sex worker in chile.I used the condom throughout sex act.she gave oral sex & vagin al sex.I was using condom both acts.I had sex twice.both times I used new condom.condom did not break and slip off.sex lasted maximum 3 min.since she is prostitute, I am worried about HIV even though I used condom.this was my first sex in my life.she is 29 years oldwhat is chance for me to get infected ? I searched from internet that HIV infection rate in fsw in Santiago chile is very less.its been six weeks now after my sex.so far I got mild mouth sore & got healed in 7 days.please give your comments.I am posting this second time.waiting for your answrrs

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. Using a condom is the best way to protect yourself against HIV and most STD's. It sounds like you did a great job of protecting yourself in this situation.

I do not think you need to test for HIV in this particular situation. However, now that you are sexually active you should be testing for all STD's including HIV at LEAST once a year, and preferably every six months.

Keep up the condom use and you'll be good to go.

In health,

Richard

Sore throat
Infection through used underwear?