Any chance of exposure
Aug 16, 2013
Hello, Im a medical student currently on rotations. I recently performed a stool guiac exam on an hiv positive patient. I put on gloves obviously and performed a rectal exam, and got a small stool sample on my glove to test if there was blood in the stool. No breaks in the glove or anything, Is there any risk of transmission here from performing this exam? Or am I just freaking out for no reason?
Response from Mr. Cordova
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does A Herpes Blister Look Like?
- What Causes Hpv Other Than Sex?
- What Can You Put On Herpes Sore To Stop The Itch?
- What Can Cause Blisters On Vagina Besides Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Symptoms Of Syphilis In Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.