Is an 82 day HIV test conclusive

I was possibly exposed to HIV and was tested 82 days after the incident in the Netherlands, having both a rapid test and one which was returned to me 8 days later. The guidelines I have read have either said 84 days or 90 days. My question is therefore whether or not my results were conclusive?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

90 days is considered conclusive. However, I would feel extremely confident with the results of an 82 day test. I would not expect the results to change between 82 and 90 days.

You could either test again at the 90 day mark, or wait until your next regularly scheduled round of HIV and other STD testing.

In health,

Richard

Needle stick but patient was HIV negative
Any chance of exposure