cut by unknown object of person

Hello, I am from India Week back I was in market for shopping. Man coming from opposite direction passed me and his hand scratch against mine.I saw my hand, nthere were two scratches below my finger and skin was torn. Now I am worried as it may be used needle or blade which may cause HIV.scab has also formed on site of cut.Please help and suggest whether am I at risk of HIV

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. It is highly unlikely that someone was walking through the market with a blade or needle with HIV infected blood on it. Even if that was the case, the virus does not live well outside of the human body. Any virus present would be unable to infect another person.

Bottom line: No risk.

In health,

Richard

HIV Infection Chances
Needle stick but patient was HIV negative