cut by unknown object of person
Aug 16, 2013
Hello, I am from India Week back I was in market for shopping. Man coming from opposite direction passed me and his hand scratch against mine.I saw my hand, nthere were two scratches below my finger and skin was torn. Now I am worried as it may be used needle or blade which may cause HIV.scab has also formed on site of cut.Please help and suggest whether am I at risk of HIV
Response from Mr. Cordova
Thanks for writing in. It is highly unlikely that someone was walking through the market with a blade or needle with HIV infected blood on it. Even if that was the case, the virus does not live well outside of the human body. Any virus present would be unable to infect another person.
Bottom line: No risk.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Std Irritation Inside Penis Treatment
- 7 Week Negative Rapid Blood Test After Low Risk Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.