Please Help - Very Worried

Exactly 7 days ago I received oral sex from a female casual sex worker at the red light district in Brussels. This is the first time I've ever done anything like that. She did use a condom (which I think was okay) and I did not ejaculate. At the moment, I feel itchy all over my body and there have been a few red spots that appear to have broken out - again all over - largely on my back. Yesterday I got an HIV test done - an ELISA test that came out negative - though I understand it may be too early for it to be informative?

What risks of any STI's do I have given my circumstances and symptoms?

Please do answer if I can - I'm very worried at the moment.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus.

The above is without a condom. Since you used a condom I would not be concerned at all. The condom also prevented transmission of most other STD's. There would be a small chance that you were exposed to Syphilis, but I do not think you need to test for this incident in particular. You can wait until your regularly scheduled round of STD testing which should include HIV and all other STD's.

In health,

Richard

had my ass licked in massage parlor and am worried
Elisa standard and hiv 2