I am getting fears that could ruin my mind. Help?!

Okay, this is one of the few times I've been worried about HIV. So, I am not into the urban legends stuff (needles on movie theatre seats, phone slots and cushions). There was a time where I am getting anxiety from it, but I managed to keep myself calm and positive. And I am, relieved that I did not let it take over my life. Until this occasion. So, a week ago while I was on holiday in Southeast Asia, i am sitting in a restaurant, with all my eyes focused at my phone. The restaurant was pretty packed, with very little spacing between the tables. While I was busy texting, I felt a sharp, quick pain on my knee, lasted about 2-3 seconds, I immediately checked. There was no blood. I began to suspect a guy sitting at the table next to me. He acted all normal which bothers me a bit into thinking that he is actually the one who pricked me! A day later a red mark formed, with what I guess/maybe wrong, very little pus in the middle. It is bumpy, when I touched it. I am trying to explore other possibilities of what formed the mark, but I can't seem to get the guy injecting me with HIV out of my head! Plus, I couldn't notice if he did cause I was texting on the phone. What do you think of this mark, could it be a syringe/needle's? Now the mark is smaller, less red, with a bit of a circular skin surrounding a hole. (which worries me to a needle-thought more!) What would you think the mark is? (bug bite, nerves?) If this happens to anyone else, and heaven forbid, yourself? I really needed someone else's perspective to clear my life from OCD, and I would never wished anything like this happened to me, you or anyone in the world. Should I get tested?

Thank you. :)

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

I have no idea what the mark actually is. However, I believe with every fiber of my being that it is not HIV related. The situation you are describing does not sound likely at all.

I do not think you need to be tested, but if you need to test for the peace of mind then go for it.

If thoughts and situations like this continue to pop up, then I would suggest working with a therapist, counselor, or other qualified mental health professional. They can help you work through stuff like this. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Am I infected?
Hiv window period