Tip of penis briefly entered anus

Hello and thank you for the forum. I had a sexual encounter with another man earlier today and have been feeling anxious all afternoon. Since I didn't have a condom, I refused to bottom for him, but I ultimately allowed him to rub his penis against my anus. I started feeling pressure and realized he was pushing his penis inside of me. I stopped him, but I am worried that he may have inserted the head of his penis into my anus for about 5-10 seconds. I have had receptive anal sex previously and do not think that he fully penetrated me, as I was not in any pain at all. Although he stated that he is tested every six months and is negative, and that he has not had sex for a long time, I still do not know him well enough to trust it. I realize there is some degree of risk for HIV infection (as well as other STIs) but am curious as to how risky this scenario seems and whether I should get tested for this and when. I've heard about PEP and rapid tests, but don't really know if this situation warrants it. Thank you!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Based on the information you have provided me, it is unlikely that transmission of HIV occurred. It's possible that you were exposed to other STIDs during this encounter, and I would suggest testing for all STD's at the 30 day mark just to be sure. If it has been more than six months since your last HIV test then I would suggest one of those as well.

This situation does not warrant PEP. The risk was not great enough. I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

Starting Truvada
protected oral sex