Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Tip of penis briefly entered anus
Aug 15, 2013

Hello and thank you for the forum. I had a sexual encounter with another man earlier today and have been feeling anxious all afternoon. Since I didn't have a condom, I refused to bottom for him, but I ultimately allowed him to rub his penis against my anus. I started feeling pressure and realized he was pushing his penis inside of me. I stopped him, but I am worried that he may have inserted the head of his penis into my anus for about 5-10 seconds. I have had receptive anal sex previously and do not think that he fully penetrated me, as I was not in any pain at all. Although he stated that he is tested every six months and is negative, and that he has not had sex for a long time, I still do not know him well enough to trust it. I realize there is some degree of risk for HIV infection (as well as other STIs) but am curious as to how risky this scenario seems and whether I should get tested for this and when. I've heard about PEP and rapid tests, but don't really know if this situation warrants it. Thank you!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Based on the information you have provided me, it is unlikely that transmission of HIV occurred. It's possible that you were exposed to other STIDs during this encounter, and I would suggest testing for all STD's at the 30 day mark just to be sure. If it has been more than six months since your last HIV test then I would suggest one of those as well.

This situation does not warrant PEP. The risk was not great enough. I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Starting Truvada
Next
protected oral sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.