Question on testing
Aug 11, 2013
I understand that a 3-month hiv anti-body test is most likely conclusive. But is there any hiv testing that is advance enough to detect hiv in a lesser time period? The anxiety is killing me. Thank you for your time
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi You can have a PCR test ran which looks for the actual virus. A more expensive test and even with that we recommend getting tested at the 90 day mark.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
- What Else Causes Genital Warts Other Then Hpv?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Does A Herpes Scab Look Like?
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Causes Of Recurring Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.